openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Re: SingleFieldManager crash
Date Thu, 17 Sep 2009 00:33:17 GMT
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 6:44 PM, C N Davies <cnd@cndavies.com> wrote:

> I know you said that your key is valid, but have you logged the complete
> entity all the way though the cascaded entities?

No, since I can't reproduce it, I'm fairly hamstrung. I'll try to create a
test case as you are describing.

> Also I'm not sure you responded to my question regarding the exception
> being
> very intermittent, when I duplicate this issue, in most cases the exception
> is like this:

> But under the very same conditions, I am getting the same exception you
> reported. So my suspicion is that you may be in some way handling the above
> exception,

I don't believe I am, no. I don't have any "try/catch-do alternative action"
stuff.

> I don't yet understand why the exceptions are changing even when the same
> code path and data is being processed,

I think the important thing is that sm appears to be null when it should be
not null. So far, I like your thought that the broker is losing the sm for
the object.

--
Daryl Stultz