openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Re: SingleFieldManager crash
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 18:35:48 GMT
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM, C N Davies <cnd@cndavies.com> wrote:

> Hi Daryl,
>
> I get the same error as you can see from my stack trace below:

> FailedObject: com.trm.core.Supplier@3002b9
> My error occurs when I create new Entity and populate some of the fields
> with other entities, each of the fields are set to cascade type of REFRESH.
>
> My case isn't quite the same as yours: it looks like your FailedObject is
new (there is no ID after the Hash), I'm not using CascadeType.REFRESH, and
my case is not at all repeatable. It may happen one in a thousand times.

If yours is repeatable, perhaps you could debug the code and tell me if it
fails because sm is null or !sm.isPersistent(). If your failed object is
indeed new I'm guessing it fails on sm == null. If you use
CascadeType.PERSIST does it go away?

Thanks.

--
Daryl Stultz