openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Matthew Adams <matt...@matthewadams.me>
Subject Collection of enums: supported yet?
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2009 20:00:59 GMT
Hi all,

I searched the mailing list to determine the OpenJPA metadata required
to store a collection of an enum type (ie, Collection<Color>,
Set<Color>, List<Color>), and I noticed that Patrick answered a while
ago (ca. 2007) that Kodo supports it but not OpenJPA.

Is this still the case?  I can't find doc in the OpenJPA reference
guide that explains how to map collections of enums.

I don't really need EnumSet or EnumMap, either.   A plain, old
Collection<Color> will do fine.

If it's currently supported, how to I configure OpenJPA to store the
values of an enum in a collection as that enum's name()?

Thanks,
Matthew

--
mailto:matthew@matthewadams.me