openjpa-users mailing list archives

From J Grassel <fyrew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @Version
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 15:52:30 GMT

Good morning!

Couple questions.  When you fetch the entity with the getById() call, are
you:
   1) Modifying any of its persistent fields?
   2) Establishing a write-lock? (by API action or configured default
behavior)

If you're just fetching data, without mutating it and without any
write-locks, then there is some sort of problem which would need to be
addressed.

As for the Exception,
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.OptimisticLockException, being thrown, the
javadoc at
http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/1.2.1/apache-openjpa-1.2.1/docs/javadoc/index.html
states that org.apache.openjpa.persistence.OptimisticLockException extends
javax.persistence.OptimisticLockException, so a catch block for
javax.persistence.OptimisticLockException will still catch it.