openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unhelpful exception message
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2009 17:44:34 GMT

Hi,
  The error message on trunk version looks better.

<openjpa-0.0.0-rnull nonfatal user error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: Failed to execute query
"select o from Account as o where o.id in (select balance from Account as
o)". Check the query syntax for correctness. See nested exception for
details.
	at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:865)
	at org.apache.openjpa.kernel.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:787)
	at
org.apache.openjpa.kernel.DelegatingQuery.execute(DelegatingQuery.java:525)
	at org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.execute(QueryImpl.java:291)
	at
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.QueryImpl.getResultList(QueryImpl.java:303)
	at Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid unbound variable
"balance" in query.

Daryl Stultz wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks, Daryl.  From your description, I would agree with your
>> assessment.
>> :-)  Could you open a JIRA issue [1] with information from this posting?
>>  If
>> you don't have JIRA access, let me know and I can create it for you.
>>
>> Sure, I can do that but I don't have JIRA access.
>
> --
> Daryl Stultz
> 6 Degrees Software and Consulting, Inc.
> http://www.6degrees.com