openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "C N Davies" <...@cndavies.com>
Subject RE: relationship EntityManager and JDBC Connection?
Date Mon, 28 Sep 2009 03:04:46 GMT

transactions, EntityManagers request a connection for each
query, then immediately release the connection back to the pool."

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Giblin [mailto:CGI@zurich.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, 28 September 2009 1:11 AM
To: users@openjpa.apache.org
Subject: relationship EntityManager and JDBC Connection?

Hi,

Does an EntityManager instance correspond one-to-one to a JDBC connection?
When the EM is closed, is the JDBC connection closed? That is, by opening
and closing EMs, is one also opening and closing JDBC connections?

I am using OpenJPA with Derby. There is no connection pooling:

 <property name="openjpa.ConnectionDriverName" value=
"org.apache.derby.jdbc.ClientDriver"/>

Sorry if I overlooked in the excellent documentation.

Thanks,chris