openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "C N Davies" <...@cndavies.com>
Subject RE: SingleFieldManager crash
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 20:32:33 GMT
OK I can see where it is blowing up and it doesn't make any sense to me. The
code below gets called for every attached entity in the main entity, with
all the other attached entities "sm" is non-null (I put an arrow below to
show you where I am referring to), but in the case of the "supplier" entity
you saw in my stack trace, sm is returning null and hence throwing the
InvalidStateException. Since all my entities are attached using the same
piece of code, this doesn't make any sense. I can confirm that all the
entities have an id and are non-null because I checked it in my watch
window. So somewhere in the _broker.getStateManager() the wheels are falling
off.  I'll dig deeper.

Chris

	private void preFlushPC(ValueMetaData vmd, Object obj, boolean
logical,
			OpCallbacks call) {
		if (obj == null)
			return;
		OpenJPAStateManager sm;
		if (vmd.getCascadePersist() == 0) {
			if (!_broker.isDetachedNew() &&
_broker.isDetached(obj))
				return;
-->			sm = _broker.getStateManager(obj);
			if (sm == null || !sm.isPersistent())
				throw (new InvalidStateException(_loc.get(
						"cant-cascade-persist",
vmd))).setFailedObject(obj);