openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Re: Encountered unmanaged object
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 23:42:36 GMT
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 6:18 PM, C N Davies <cnd@cndavies.com> wrote:

> I have had this issue quite a number of times, it turned out to be a logic
> issue in the base class for my in my backing bean that would null out the
> child entity in an main entity, when this condition occurs I will always
> get
> this error.

I don't mean to beat this to death, but if the child entity of the main
entity was nulled and the property was declared not nullable, then you
should have gotten a error regarding the null, not "unmanaged entity",
right? And if it was nullable, it should have happily persisted the main
entity. Sorry, still confused, and trying to understand the inner workings
better. It seems to me the child entity is not really null, but it's
(enhanced) state got messed up.

--
Daryl Stultz