openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: extending EntityManager
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 22:28:21 GMT
Heather,
Yes, the EMF and EM implementations can be extended.  There's nothing
preventing that, but this makes it sound like you might be interested in
providing your own flavor of OpenJPA as a Persistence Provider.  This is
also doable, but this might be more work than you think.  Can I ask why you
want to do this?  There might be alternative ways of accomplishing the same
thing without as much effort.

Kevin