openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: java.lang.StackOverflowError Exception after enabling cach
Date Tue, 18 Aug 2009 19:09:36 GMT
Glassfish should automatically enhance your entities if you use a container
managed EntityManagerFactory. The container is required to use the
createContainerEntityManagerFactory method, this is where OpenJPA provides a
ClassTransformer (actually the same agent that you mentioned before).

So if you're using @PersistenceContext or @PersistenceUnit you should get
enhancement for free in a JEE environment.

If you create the EntityManagerFactory yourself through
javax.persistence.Persistence then you'll have to do your own enhancement.
Of course doing the enhancement yourself like Rick mentioned never hurts.

I have no real experience with Glassfish either, there might be something
you need to do to install a third party provider (non EclipseLink /
Toplink). It might be worth posting on the Glassfish email lists and see if
anyone else has had similar experiences.

Hope this helps,

-mike