openjpa-users mailing list archives

From ljnelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: insertable/updatable = false question
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 13:47:21 GMT

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Ravi P Palacherla (via Nabble) <
ml-user+194843-327306094@n2.nabble.com<ml-user%2B194843-327306094@n2.nabble.com>
> wrote:

> I think I found a better solution.

Oh, there are plenty of solutions, yes, but I'm more concerned with what is
the intended behavior.  It is indeed true that if I do a refresh I will
reload the entity from the database.  But I can't see from the spec why I
should have to do this.  I would think that the lazy loading machinery would
effectively do this for me (in the case of the e2->e1 relationship).  I
don't see any place in the specification that tells me in this very common
scenario why I need to jump through extra hoops.

Thanks,
Laird