openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Claudio Di Vita <c.div...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persist issue in multithreaded environment
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:20:25 GMT

Jean-Baptiste BRIAUD -- Novlog wrote:

> The answer to your question is not in ThreadLocal class but inside the
> createEntityManager() method.

So you think that OpenJPA implementation of EntityManagerFactory is not
thread-safe ?? I don't catch any exception related to transactions, moreover
when I activate SQL trace I can see an INSERT statement for each record !!!

Rick Curtis wrote:

> This is a bit of a stretch, but do you have a Version field [1] on each of
> your Entities?
>
> [1]
> http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#jpa_overview_pc_version

I haven't defined a Version field, but the entities that I'm trying to
persist concurrently represents different records.

-----
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can
be counted - Albert Einstein