openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Dynamic entity definition creation - is it possible?
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 16:47:14 GMT
On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 12:27 PM, C N Davies <cnd@cndavies.com> wrote:

>  Since my app allows the user to drag and drop field data from imported
> data sets when generating custom reports, I’d like to include this new data
> on the fly if possible.
>
> How do you identify the new data when building the reports? You must be
using reflection, right? Isn't it just as easy to use a child List or Map? I
recognize that it's easier to have data come out of the database in a flat,
tabular manner for a report, but I would think it would be easier to pivot
the "extended" properties than modify the system as you'd like.

--
Daryl Stultz

--
Daryl Stultz