openjpa-users mailing list archives

From MiƂosz <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: Re: Named Query fails but SQL works
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 18:12:28 GMT

Hi,

Have you tried to right-pad the value of SOR before setting it as a query parameter? I once
had a query with a parameter on a CHAR(X) column. The query worked correctly from command
line SQL client but when using JDBC I had to right-pad the parameter to the length of X.

Regards,
Milosz

> [...]
> > 		<class>com.adp.ei9.common.entity.OrgType</class>
> > 	</persistence-unit>
> >
> > BaseDAO:
> > public abstract class BaseDAOImpl<T, PK extends Serializable> extends
> > 		JpaDaoSupport implements BaseDAO<T, PK> {
> >
> > 	private Class<T> type;
> >
> > 	@SuppressWarnings("unchecked")
> > 	public BaseDAOImpl() {
> > 		this.type = (Class<T>) ((ParameterizedType) getClass()
> > 				.getGenericSuperclass()).getActualTypeArguments()[0];
> > 	}
> >
> > public Collection findByNamedQueryAndNamedParams(String queryName,
> > 			Map<String, Object> params) {
> > 		return getJpaTemplate().findByNamedQueryAndNamedParams(queryName,
> > 				params);
> > 	}
> >
> > public Collection find(String query) {
> > 		return getJpaTemplate().find(query);
> > }

> > 	@NamedQuery (
> > 		    name = "Organization.findOrgByCustOrgId",
> > 		    query = "SELECT o FROM Organization o WHERE o.custOrgId =
> > :custOrgId"
> > 		),
> > 	@NamedQuery (
> > 		    name = "Organization.findOrgByOoidSOR",
> > 		    query = "SELECT new Organization(o.orgId, o.orgName) FROM
> > Organization o WHERE o.ooid = :ooid AND o.sor = :sor"
> > 		),
> > 	@NamedQuery (
> > 		    name = "Organization.findOrgByCustOoidSOR",
> > 		    query = "SELECT new Organization(o.orgId, o.orgName) FROM
> > Organization o WHERE o.custOrgId = :custOrgId AND o.ooid = :ooid AND o.sor
> > = :sor"
> > 		)
> > })
> > @Entity
> > @Table( name="ORGANIZATION")
> > @SequenceGenerator(name="OrgSeq", sequenceName="SEQ_ORGANIZATION")
> > public class Organization extends EntityBase implements Serializable {
> >
> >         @Basic
> > 	@Column(name="CUST_ORG_ID", length=50)
> > 	private String custOrgId;
> >
> >         @Basic
> > 	@Column(name="OOID", length=20)
> > 	private String ooid;
> >
> >        @Basic
> > 	@Column(name="SOR", length=20)
> > 	private String sor;
> >
> > I could try and eliminate the jpaTemplate, but I was trying to get Spring
> > to work also.
> >
> > Thanks
> >

> > Kevin Sutter wrote:
> >>
> >> One other thing...  Is the persistence.xml that you posted in the
> >> original
> >> e-mail complete?  Specifically, I'm wondering whether you are using any
> >> of
> >> the caching capabilities within OpenJPA?  I found a rather old posting on
> >> our forum [1] about using getJpaTemplate that returned "old" cached
> >> results
> >> instead of going to the database.  The string of postings didn't look to
> >> be
> >> fully resolved.  Just an idea to follow up on.  Thanks.

Object>();

{
{

{