openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Laird Nelson <ljnel...@gmail.com>
Subject JoinColumn: match its length to the referenced column?
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 19:28:00 GMT
One more bug confirmation for today: when generating DDL, I am noticing that
OpenJPA does not match the length or type of a JoinColumn to its referenced
column.

That is, suppose the referenced column is defined like this:
@Column(name = "title", length = 4, columnDefinition = "CHAR(4)")

...and in another class the JoinColumn is defined like this:
@JoinColumn(name = "title", referencedColumnName = "title")

When I run the DDL machinery in OpenJPA, the first column is correctly
defined as being a CHAR(4).  But the foreign key column is defined as being
VARCHAR(255).

EclipseLink handles this the way I would expect; I haven't tried Hibernate.

Should I file a JIRA on this?

Thanks,
Laird