openjpa-users mailing list archives

From wang yu <wangy...@gmail.com>
Subject Foreign key error if using GenerationType.AUTO or GenerationType.TABLE
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:03:51 GMT
Hello,
If I use GenerationType.AUTO or GenerationType.TABLE for PK field and
let OpenJPA persist some entities cascade , in some cases, OpenJPA
will try to persist child entity before the father entity.
How to resolve this issue?

I must use GenerationType.AUTO for oracle because it doesn't support
GenerationType.IDENTITY naturally.
Or do I have a chance to use  GenerationType.IDENTITY  for Pk fields
of oracle database?

I have attached the log information in attached file.

Thanks!

Regards,
Yu Wang