openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject More null value troubles
Date Tue, 30 Jun 2009 18:55:34 GMT
Hello,

I have an entity with a JoinColumn foreign key field and a Date field. In
one case in my web application I set both values to null and they write to
the database just fine. In another case, the null values do not get written.
An update is issued and my "modifiedOn" column is updated but these 2 are
not. The operation that is failing in my web app works fine in my unit test
and I can't figure out what is different, if anything.

I've had trouble with unique constraints and cloning with null values but
this case doesn't involve either. I have configured
<property name="openjpa.DetachState" value="loaded(AccessUnloaded=false)"/>
which I believe means I'm using the default transient DetachedStateField
(setting it to true doesn't change anything).

The entity instance is "detached" prior to the merge, so I know it was
previously managed.

Any ideas on what to look for would be great.

Thanks.

--
Daryl Stultz