openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject openjpa.LockManager
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2009 19:33:22 GMT
Hi all,

I'm adding OpenJPA to a large application. I'm getting "Optimistic locking
errors". I have no @Version members and I am fine with a "he who commits
last wins" approach. So I set

<property name="openjpa.LockManager" value="none" />

in persistence.xml but it still occurs.

I hope there's a simple explanation, but here's more information:
I have an entity with a collection member (CascadeType.ALL) and
em.remove(em.merge(entity)) is failing on a child of the collection. I
happen to be instantiating the entity (and children) by traversing a
java.sql.ResultSet (because I've failed thus far to convert the SQL to
JPQL), then cloning it before deleting it.

Any idea what could cause the error when locking is disabled?

Thanks.

--
Daryl Stultz