openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Michael Dick <michael.d.d...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why is slice module not depended on persistence-jdbc module
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 15:05:23 GMT
I suspect that one of Pinaki's design goals with Slice was to make it
persistence personality agnostic. So one could use it with a JDO personality
as well as a JPA personality (KODO provides both, OpenJPA provides the
latter).

Slice uses both openjpa-persistence and openjpa-persistence-jdbc for testing
though (since no other personalities are available). I imagine if we beefed
up the xml module or added a new personality it would be fairly easy for
Slice to test with them as well.

-mike