openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Roger <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject [Newbie] Dirty/Changed Entities
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:22:37 GMT
Hi

I'm using openJPA and Struts 2 to develop a web application. I generate a list
of entities which Struts 2 displays and allows editing  of any number of
multiple entities. Struts "automagically" updates my list which now contains
0, 1 or many changed entities.

As I loop through the list of amended entities to persist them, is there a way
through the "enhanced" version to detect which entities have been changed so I
don't call persist() for them, or do I persist() them all and trust openJpa to
only physically persist entities that have changed?

Regards