openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "B.L. Zeebub" <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [Newbie] OPenJPA (1.2.1) Enhancement woes
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2009 06:35:11 GMT

B.L. Zeebub wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 June 2009 21:11:16 Michael Dick (via Nabble) wrote:
>> Random thought: Eclipse sometimes requires a refresh (must be caching
>> class
>> files in memory). Does NetBeans do something similar? I'm assuming you're
>> running within NetBeans - not from the command line, or an ant script.
>>
> I thought of that, but restarting Netbeans made no difference. I'll see if
> re-
> booting the machine makes any difference in the morning.
>
> Regards

I've now got a little more info as to what seems to be going on. After a
clean/build then all the entity classes in the Netbeans build directory are
enhanced according to javap. I run my simple unit-test (which simply creates
the EntityManagerFactory, Entity Manager and lists a table, all of the
entity classes loose the enhancement!

So, after a clean/build cycle, ls -alt Ecu.class shows
-rw-r--r-- 1 roger roger 14603 2009-06-17 09:24 Ecu.class

and after running the unit test
-rw-r--r-- 1 roger roger 5011 1970-01-01 02:00 Ecu.class

Note the date and timestamp! It's only the entity classes that are affected,
all other classes are unchanged, including those touched by the test.

Next step is to move my project to a Windows box and see if the same thing
happens there. That's going to take a while so I'll report back later.
Anyone got any idea at all?

Regards