openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "B.L. Zeebub" <roger.var...@googlemail.com>
Subject [Newbie] OPenJPA (1.2.1) Enhancement woes
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2009 10:55:26 GMT

Hi

I've just spent the last three days wrestling with the enhancer and I'm now
ready to throw the computer out of a fifth floor window. I spent the first
day or so wrestling with error messages trying to set-up the ant enhancer
task in Netbeans 6.5.1/Linux (Debian Lenny). (Googling for examples brought
up many examples that were all slightly different and none of them actually
worked until I got lucky). I finally got the process to run without falling
over. I then tried to run my first program. Next problem was that when the
program tried to create the EntityManagerFactory the program would crash
messages similair to "Caused by: <openjpa-1.2.1-r752877:753278 fatal user
error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.ArgumentException: The type "class
com.mydomain.flashloader.entities.DataIdentifiersPK" has not been enhanced."

I've finally resolved that - I used Netbeans create entities from database
facility. Netbeans created a class for every table in the database and a
classPK file for every table that has multi-column primary keys. However, it
only put the table class entities into the persistance.xml and omitted the
classPK files. So I added all the classPK classes into persistance xml,
rebuilt the project and now my program starts, creates the
EntityManagerFactory without crashing.

However, I'm left with a message during startup "1120  FlashLoaderPU  INFO
[main] openjpa.Enhance - Creating subclass for "[<every entity and entityPK
in the database listed here>]" This means that your application will be less
efficient and will consume more memory than it would if you ran the OpenJPA
enhancer. Additionally, lazy loading will not be available for one-to-one
and many-to-one persistent attributes in types using field access; they will
be loaded eagerly instead."

So I seem to have spent the last three days going around in a complete
circle. I would be extremely grateful for any pointers as to what on earth
is going on.

Regards