openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Code organization
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 15:33:19 GMT

Hi Daryl,
 This is one feature, for a long time, I am interested to be included in JPA
or at least in OpenJPA. Having your queries *only* in the major compilation
unit is a poor idea for usability point of view and takes away much of the
power from tuning a query a posteriori.
  However, I had considered the facility slightly differently than yours.
The primary feature that I considered important in this aspect is to
dissociate my queries from the major compilation units. The compilation
units will only refer them by name.

 How about the following
  <property name="openjpa.NamedQueryRegistry"
value="path/to/file/that/contains/NamedQueries.java"/>

  and in code
   Query q = em.createQuery("ANameThatAppearsInNamedQueryRegsitry");

Daryl Stultz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm frustrated by the fact that I need to define @NamedQuery and others
> inside my entity classes. I would like to put what I consider "logic"
> where
> I think it's appropriate which is often not with the model. Is there a way
> to programmatically define Named Queries Sql Result Set Mappings, etc and
> register them with the persistence engine? I.e. is there any alternative
> using annotations/xml for defining these things?
>
> String query = "select o...";
> NamedQuery nq = new NamedQuery(query);
> Persistence.registerNamedQuery(nq);
>
> Thanks.