openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Re: Webapp restart problem
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 15:24:36 GMT
2009/5/22 Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@gmail.com>

> Does anybody know if Tomcat defines
> how to install and configure JPA providers?

It would be nice if the makers or various libraries/frameworks, etc. stated
where the jars should be put. Of course, in this case it was my code that
required it in WEB-INF, but while some can go in CATALINA/lib depending on
how you use them, some can't or really shouldn't. It's hard to figure that
out, sometimes. I prefer to put jars in CATALINA/lib so as to save PERM GEN
memory space upon reload. Anyway, whole other matter.

--
Daryl Stultz