openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Re: Webapp restart problem
Date Fri, 22 May 2009 01:56:39 GMT
On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 8:57 PM, Pinaki Poddar <ppoddar@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>  If OpenJPA has understood what you told in persistence.xml, then OpenJPA
> should call
>    MyDataSource.getConnection()
>  when a connection is needed.
>  To quickly verify call:
>    OpenJPAEntityManager.getConnection();
>
> Yes, I have confirmed that both the original instance (first start of
Tomcat) and the second instance (app reload) of MyDataSource are getting
getConnection called. It appears that the second instance is then
referencing static classes from the first start. It's the only thing I can
think of given that the field that is coming up null is static, instantiated
in the inititialization and never written to (IOW, how can it possibly be
null?). Is there any other reasonable cause for such a state?

--
Daryl Stultz