openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Jan Kotek <openco...@gmail.com>
Subject Uncommited objects and Select performance
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 13:09:10 GMT
Hi,
I have performance problem with queries on uncommited data.

I run huge import, with commit at each 10000 items. During import I
make lot of selection queries (to protect data integrity), but they
are very slow. With commit every 100 items, queries run lot of faster.

Profiler told me that most of time is spend in dataobjects and
enhancer methods (get double etc). I think OpenJPA is making linear
scan on all uncommited items.

I played with IgnoreChanges settings, but it does not seems to help.
So my question is: can I speed up those selection queries?

Thanks,
Jan