openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann ...@logemann.org>
Subject Re: strange JPA Enhance stack
Date Tue, 19 May 2009 08:46:51 GMT
David,

no, have not done this. Its quite a hughe effort to create a project
from scratch and deploy it to SCM and configure TeamCity to "compile/
test" it. I still think its not a library issue because i use ivy
within ANT and the build system resolves libs the same way as its done
on each developer machine. The stack doesnt look like a missing lib to
me. And its definitely also not an ANT issue because i am using the
same ANT Target on the dev machines.

I hoped somebody who developed the enhancer can tell something about
the stack. I mean something like "this problem can only occur under
this or that condition".

In any way... do we agree that an IllegalArgumentException in SERP
shouldnt be the first Exception on the stack ? I definitely would
expect an Enhancer Exception saying whats wrong on an upper level.
Something like "Enhancement failed on Class X" or something. The root
cause would be of course the SERP exception.

---
regards
Marc Logemann
http://www.logemann.org