openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to encrypt DB password in persistence.xml
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 15:25:38 GMT
We have a similar feature in Apache Geronimo for our config.xml and
deployment plans.  The only downside of adding this to OpenJPA, is we
would then have to follow the ASF Cryptography release guidelines at -
    http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html
since we would be using encryption/decryption (even if provided by the
JVM).  Not a biggie, but adds a few steps to the release process...

-Donald