openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <dwo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Eclipse Plugin for OpenJPA
Date Fri, 08 May 2009 18:44:00 GMT
Pinaki, can we at least get a copy of the current plugin source checked
into openjpa/sandboxes, until we decide on how to build/release it?

If you don't have time to check-in the files, just send me a tar/zip and
I'll work on it.

-Donald

Pinaki Poddar wrote:
> I am also trying to use this plugin as an exemplar for openjpa-contrib [1].
> Hence, I will add a openjpa-contrib module (without any dependency to our normal builds).

> Then create a openjpa-contrib/eclipse -- and donate the code underneath in standard src/main/java
directory structure. Based on your experience with Genonimo Eclipse plug-ins, feel free to
modify that structure, if needed.
> After researching on how maven can build a plugin that can also be used in Eclipse PDE
environment -- which turned out to be non-trivially complex -- I am considering whether Ant
will be the right tool for this purpose.