openjpa-users mailing list archives

From rpalache <ravi.palache...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: NullPointerException in pcReplaceField
Date Wed, 27 May 2009 17:22:16 GMT

Hi Mike,

The openJPA test case for http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-453
can be found under one of my previous posts :
http://n2.nabble.com/Evicting-an-embedded-object.-td2528068.html#a2551873

You can also download directly from:
http://n2.nabble.com/file/n2551873/openJPATestCase.zip

The above test case can not replicate nullpointer exception but will nullify
the state manager on
evicting the embedded object.

Regarding the test case for nullpointer Exception, I have a JDO sample for
this.
In the JDO sample I can clearly replicate the nullpointer.
Modified the same test case to use JPA specific api's.
Doing so is resulting in a hung process rather than a nullpointer.

Please let me know if you want this test case also.

Udi,
If you have openJPA specific testcase, that can result in nullpointer, then
please upload it.

Regards,
Ravi.