openjpa-users mailing list archives

From hallmit <lfnol...@genigraph.fr>
Subject Re: TABLE_PER_CLASS does not work as described in JSR-220 (JPA-1.0)
Date Mon, 11 May 2009 14:05:05 GMT

Thanks guys, I put @Inheritance(strategy=InheritanceType.TABLE_PER_CLASS) to
AbstractFoo and now it works fine...I have also put
@Inheritance(strategy=InheritanceType.TABLE_PER_CLASS) to the first concrete
class of my class hierarchy otherwise the SINGLE_TABLE strategy is used for
the branch.

I thought it was sufficient to annotate the root class with TABLE_PER_CLASS
and so all classes in the hierarchy would have the same
strategy...apparently not for OpenJPA...

JSR 220 (JPA-1.0) spec talk :

"The Inheritance annotation defines the inheritance strategy to be used for
an entity class hierarchy.
It is specified on the entity class that is the root of the entity class
hierarchy."

In any case thank you very much for your help!