openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daryl Stultz <da...@6degrees.com>
Subject Re: Multiple join fetches
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2009 17:13:01 GMT
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:46 AM, MiƂosz Tylenda <mtylenda@o2.pl> wrote:

> Hi Daryl,
>
> Are you sure your native query is what you want?

In case I wasn't clear, the "native query" is not part of the code I'm
running, but just something I'm running in a sql console to double-check
things.

> There might be some caveats with join precedence. No idea which database
> you run against but to take an example, MySQL has the following:

I'm running PostgreSQL. I admit I'm a little confused because there are no
commas in the from table clause. I never use that approach, preferring
explicit joins. As well, the data returned from the query agrees with the
data imported from a text file and the variation run with the fetch plan
commented out. So, yeah, I'm sure.

--
Daryl Stultz