openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Sutter <kwsut...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Open JPA recommended driver for DB2
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:11:56 GMT
Hi Chandra,
More interesting data...  :-)  So, you are saying that if you use the JDBC
XA driver with DB2 and WAS v6.1 with the EJB3 Feature Pack, then you do not
experience the problem we've been discussing in the other thread [1]?
Everything else is the same, just a different JDBC driver?  And, this is
configured as part of your WebSphere Datasource?

If this is your only variable, then moving to the XA driver should inject
minimal risk.  In theory, this XA driver knows how to participate in an XA
transaction.  (And, Paul is right, XA is a big subject.)  If this resolves
your other issue, I wouldn't hesitate on using the XA driver over the non-XA
driver.  But, then will we ever to the bottom of your original posting?  :-)

Kevin

[1]
http://n2.nabble.com/OpenJpa%2C-and-DB2-shared-lock-td2675084.html#a2727497