openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Paul Copeland <t...@jotobjects.com>
Subject Re: OPENJPA_SEQUENCE_TABLE: needed even with IDENTITY columns?
Date Sun, 19 Apr 2009 07:40:24 GMT
I noticed that |GenerationType.SEQUENCE also uses that table (with
Postgres provider).  Maybe you have one of those on some Entity.|

On 4/18/2009 2:49 PM, ljnelson wrote:
> Hello.  I am using the H2 database for some simple unit tests, with OpenJPA sitting on
top of it.

> I am wondering how to get OpenJPA to stop trying to create or look for the OPENJPA_SEQUENCE_TABLE,
particularly since nothing in my entity model requires it (I explicitly use the @GenerationType
of IDENTITY, which I took it was supposed to use the native auto-incrementing ability of the
database, if there is one (which there is in H2).

> Could someone tell me either how to instruct OpenJPA to basically insert NULL into the
primary key column instead of trying to insert a value it thinks it can get from the non-existent
OPENJPA_SEQUENCE_TABLE?  If I wanted to use a table, I would have used @GenerationType.TABLE,
not @GenerationType.IDENTITY.