openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Paul Copeland <t...@jotobjects.com>
Subject Re: Behavior if ManyToMany CascadeType.REMOVE
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 18:18:39 GMT
This is from the JPA spec - Sounds like cascade=REMOVE should not be
used on ManyToMany.  However I'm recalling that some databases do
provide DDL for the kind of cascade delete behavior that I want.

2.1.7 - "The relationship modeling annotation constrains the use of the
cascade=REMOVE specification. The
cascade=REMOVE specification should only be applied to associations that
are specified as One-
ToOne or OneToMany. Applications that apply cascade=REMOVE to other
associations are not portable."