openjpa-users mailing list archives

From ashishpaliwal <ashishpaliwal....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Files in package org.apache.openjpa.kernel.jpql.
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2009 10:03:45 GMT

Hi,

Thanks a lot people for helping me out. Rick, which one out of 8
projects you asked me to leave out. When I imported all 8 projects and
did exactly as you told, after building from eclipse there was an
error in file SourceAnnotationHandler.java in package
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.meta. When I still continued running
hellojpa.Main as a java application from eclipse itself, I received
the same null pointer exception.
I am still trying to figure out the problem but if someone can assist
it will be of great help to me. Although my 2.0.0's zip version is
working fine and I was even able to debug through code in that, but I
wanted to set up this one as I will be up to date with latest commits.

thanks and regards

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 3:14 AM, Rick Curtis (via Nabble)
<ml-user+172967-1962032928@n2.nabble.com> wrote:
> Ashish -
>
> I just pulled down trunk and have a slightly shorter solution that what Mike
> suggested :)
>
> - Check out and compile trunk
> - trunk\openjpa-parent> mvn eclipse:eclipse
> - In Eclipse
>         - Import > Existing Projects into Workspace > Import all of the
> OpenJPA projects except openjpa
>         - For each project > right click -> properties > Java Build Path
>
> Source tab > there should be a folder listed with a red x, delete that.
>         - Window > Preferences > Java > Build Path > Classpath Variables
->
> add M2_REPO and have it point to your local maven repository.
>         * At this point you shouldn't have any compiler errors in Eclipse.
>         - Edit the hellojpa persistence-unit in
> openjpa-examples/target/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml:
>                 - Remove the comments around the connection properties
>                 - Also want to add the line listed below[1]. This will
> trigger OpenJPA to build your db tables.
>
> -Rick
>

> [1] <property name="openjpa.jdbc.SynchronizeMappings"
> value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)"/>

Ashish Paliwal
Mobile : 9305128367
IIT Kanpur