openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Pinaki Poddar <ppod...@apache.org>
Subject Re: High Availability
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:33:10 GMT

Hi,
  Currently Slice does not support failover. But it is on our road map. You
can add new slices dynamically [1] or specify 'lenient' [2] to ignore slices
that are configured but not currently reachable.

> good high availability framework that works best with OpenJPA?
  For MySQL, OpenJPA natively supports replication drivers [3] (meaning
OpenJPA is aware of this driver and switches read-only modes when
appropriate). Having said that, an HA database environment generally appears
as an unified database at JDBC level. If that is the case, then OpenJPA is
not even aware of the clustered, replicated database configuration as all it
sees/operates on is a JDBC connection.

[1] http://ppoddar.blogspot.com/
[2] http://openjpa.apache.org/builds/latest/docs/manual/manual.html#d0e32402
[3]
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-j-reference-replication-connection.html

Teody wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a question regarding Slice. If I configure an application to
> replicate the persistence on multiple DBs using Slice, can a DB recover or
> update itself if there was a transaction during some time that it was
> down?
>
> If yes, is there a document that explains how to configure this?
> If no, can someone suggest a good high availability framework that works
> best with OpenJPA?
>
> Thanks,
> Teody :)

-----