openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Toffetti <dto...@yahoo.com.ar>
Subject Re: Looking for advice on JPA based DAO
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:27:51 GMT

    Thanks for sharing this. In my case, I believe I still need DAO, see (quoted from [1]:

"...The usage cannot be simpler. The EntityManager will be just injected
to the bean-class...The DAO pattern is actually no more interesting for
general data access, but is still needed to access data from stored
procedures, flat files etc..."

    I don't do any **QL, whatever is more complex than simple POJO CRUD, I do it with proper
SQL in stored procedures. I like JPA a bit more than other ORM, but I still see it lacking
in this regard.
    I just DON'T WANT to invoke a callable statement or named query in my business code, that's
why I need a DAO layer. This is what I want to do in my business layer:

    Collection<SalesReportLine> reportItems = SalesReportLineDAO.query('2009-04-16');

    I hope my motivation is clear, anyway I'll gladly hear any argument against what I'm trying
to do and proposes a better alternative.

Cheers,

Daniel