openjpa-users mailing list archives

From hmmahboobi <hmmahbo...@gmail.com>
Subject persistence problem in distributed environment
Date Sat, 11 Apr 2009 07:28:01 GMT

We have a critical problem in our application, we have multiple enterprise applications and
we have to use distributed transactions to ensure ACID operations on entire system.
Our Application server is Glassfish V9 update 5 on SUSE 10 and database is Oracle 10.2.0.1.0.
The problem is when we use oracle.jdbc.xa.client.OracleXADataSource as JDBC driver and javax.sql.XADataSource
as resource type, we get following error in persisting an entity with a ManyToOne relationship
and it complains the other side of relationship is unmanaged!!! However the other side of
the relationship (here account entity) is already existed in database and with typical JDBC
driver, no error we encounter. I have tested all other OpenJPA versions but the problem still
exists. I don’t know whether this is OpenJPA issue or JDBC driver, please share your experience
on this matter.

javax.ejb.TransactionRolledbackLocalException: Exception thrown from bean; nested exception
is: <openjpa-2.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT-r422266:725770 fatal user error> org.apache.openjpa.persistence.InvalidStateException:
Encountered unmanaged object in persistent field "com.kishware.core.gl.data.Voucher.account"
during flush.  However, this field does not allow cascade persist. Set the cascade attribute
for this field to CascadeType.PERSIST or CascadeType.ALL (JPA annotations) or "persist" or
"all" (JPA orm.xml), or enable cascade-persist globally, or manually persist the related field
value prior to flushing. You cannot flush unmanaged objects or graphs that have persistent
associations to unmanaged objects.
FailedObject: com.kishware.core.gl.data.Account-com.kishware.core.gl.data.Account-215

This is our entity classes and simple test case:

public class Voucher {
@Id
      @Column(name = "id")
      @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.SEQUENCE ,generator = "VoucherSequenceGenerator")
private Long id;

@ManyToOne
@JoinColumn(name = "account_id")
      private Account account;
}

public class Account {
@Id
      @Column(name = "id")
      @GeneratedValue(strategy = GenerationType.SEQUENCE, generator = "AccountSequenceGenerator")
      private Long id;
}

Account account = entityManager.find(Account.class, 215L);
Voucher voucher = new Voucher();
Voucher.setAccount(account);
entityManager.persist(voucher);