openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Rick Curtis <curti...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: same @Id on mapped superclass
Date Thu, 02 Apr 2009 12:10:44 GMT

Kaayan -

We're going to need a more detailed description of your scenario to figure out whats going
on.

-Rick

Hello, I have a similar problem here.

My DB is MySQL, and was running JBoss(which uses Hibernate as Persistence Provider), and with
some data in DB.

Now I have switched to 'tomcat with openejb 3.1 integration', persistence provider is openjpa.

Following the instructions, I have marked the superclass with @Inheritance(strategy = InheritanceType.TABLE_PER_CLASS).

But when I call merge(), openjpa throwed an exception ' org.apache.openjpa.persistence.EntityNotFoundException:
Attempted to attach instance "3" of type "class A", but this instance is already in the datastore
as type "class B".'

Any work-arounds on this?

Many thanks!