openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Heather Sterling <hst...@us.ibm.com>
Subject FieldMetaData questions
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:09:32 GMT

Hi,

I was wondering how to retrieve the possible enum values from a
FieldMetaData structure.

I also wanted to know if there's a way to get other information, such as
the length of a field. (specified with @Column annotation).  I assume there
is, but I could not find it.

Lastly, is there a way to extend the metadata, such that I could tag a
field with a custom-defined property-value pair and retrieve it?  I saw
that there are some extension APIs on FieldMetaData, but I'm not sure what
the purpose of those are.  For example, in our current legacy code, we have
the idea of a "hidden" property.  I would like to be able to retrieve this
when looping through the fields in order to correctly transform the data to
our existing legacy structures.

Thanks,

Heather Sterling
Systems Management Development