openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann ...@logemann.org>
Subject FilterListener again
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 00:37:35 GMT
Hi,

unfortunately i got no response on my last thread:

http://n2.nabble.com/docs-concerning-FilterListener-and-other-extension-points-td2386615.html#a2387075

Is there nobody who can help me out with FilterListener aka custom
Functions in JPQL ? There is definitely no docs on them and no
discussions at all....

I have a query which looks like this:

         Query query = em.createQuery("select d from DP_PLZ_DA d where
" +
         "(d.plz = ?1 and lower(d.oname24) = ?2) or (d.plz = ?1 and
d.oname24.ext:soundex(?3))")

the soundex() function is my custom FilterListener but no matter how i
try to call this custom function, the JPQL Parser just jumps into my
head and complaining about the JPQL syntax.

Is there anyone on this planet who knows how to trigger custom
functions like these?

A little bit scaring is that there is almost no community support on
OpenJPA. Is IBM the only using it? :-)

Marc