openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Scherer, Annette" <Annette.Sche...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject AW: AW: AW: AW: ManagedInterfaces
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:12:46 GMT

Hi,

How exactly should this be done.
1. Annotate interfaces   (as @ManagedInterface)   a n d   additionally implementing classes
(as @Entity)
or
2. Annotate only classes and not use ManagedInterfaces at all

To my experience the latter one would implicate that we cannot type class attributes to interfaces.
For example we now use

public class KategorieImpl implements Kategorie, Serializable {
        private String name;
        private List<Typ> typListe;
}

We would have to change List<Typ>  into List<TypImpl>.  Is this correct??

public class KategorieImpl implements Kategorie, Serializable {
        private String name;
        private List<TypImpl> typListe;
}

This would limit flexibility to change implementation behind an interface. So, we depend on
using interfaces.

In case of 2.
Is there another altenative to use JPA with the definitions above?

greetings

Annette Scherer
Abteilung Informatik