openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Nitish Kumar" <Nitish.Ku...@proteans.com>
Subject RE: Slow performance with OpenJPA when selecting from a ManyToMany relation.
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:59:31 GMT
Hi,
	My stats on this, I just ran it on Win XP (JRE 1.5.0_14) and
local MySQL, took an average of 3.8 sec to complete 500 iterations.
Removed the many to many association, doesn't affect the numbers much.
Make the fetch as eager and it takes 4.2 sec.

Something weird here, added the setting  <property
name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="JoinSyntax=traditional"/> and it
goes up to 7.2 sec with eager and 4 sec with lazy.

PS: I still could not make the enhancer work with ANT so I wrote a
simple class

		Collection listFiles = FileUtils.listFiles(new
File("./src/model"),
				new String[] { "java" }, true);
		for (Object object : listFiles) {
			File file = (File) object;
			String[] args1 = new String[] { file.getPath()
};
			PCEnhancer.main(args1);
		}
	}

it has a dependency on commons-io but works great.

Thanks and Regards,
Nitish Kumar