openjpa-users mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <jaydmch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 'Masking' fields in an Entity
Date Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:13:13 GMT
Dynamic FetchPlans are now among my new favorite things (except now, I
need to rewrite a lot of code to remove my fake entity hacks).

I will definitely try to put together a sample (and blog posting, and
wiki entry on Geronimo site).

Jay

Pinaki Poddar wrote:
> Hi,
>   I like what you are doing and believe that it is a predominant use case for multi-tier
for OpenJPA/JPA based web applications.

>   Please consider writing up a small, self-contained sample (preferably without the application
server scaffolding) to demonstrate your solution to integrate JAXB marshaling with constrained
serialization support available via dynamic fetch plans of OpenJPA.

>   Such samples can be made available with OpenJPA samples distribution. This will allow
other community members to benefit from your contributions. Kevin had offered a project in
Google Summer of Code [1] for similar purpose of enriching the corpus of samples that ship
with OpenJPA. You can touch base with him to explore further (also there is $$$ for a GSoC
project:).