openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Paul Copeland <t...@jotobjects.com>
Subject Re: Questions about classpath for OpenJPA
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 17:25:58 GMT
Hi Rick -

Thanks. As I mentioned the openjpa example hellojpa also works for me
WITHOUT the xerces jar.  But my very simple test app does not work with
xerces.  However, I found out that if I add these two properties to my
runtime ant task then I do NOT need the xerces jar.

            <sysproperty key="javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory"
value="com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl"/>
            <sysproperty key="javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory"
value="com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl"/>

There is some classloader subtlety that I don't fully understand here.

- Paul