openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Adam Hardy <adam....@cyberspaceroad.com>
Subject OpenJPA Maven Plugin
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 11:00:36 GMT
I now use the openjpa-maven-plugin to enhance my persistence-enabled classes,
but I have a couple of projects which rely on a superclass, which needs
enhancing and testing.

I put this in a seperate project and wrote some unit tests for it, which needed
a few real entity beans to demonstrate parent-child relationships etc. So I
coded up a couple of entity beans for testing only, in this project.

I don't want these test-only entity beans in my jar, so I put them in the
src/test/java directory, and this caused me some confusion when configuring
openjpa-maven-plugin.

I have a couple of issues getting this to work. From debug logging, i can see
that openjpa-maven-plugin is not including the test directory in the classpath,
despite this config:

<execution>
   <phase>process-test-classes</phase>
   <id>enhanceTestEntities</id>
   <goals>
     <goal>enhance</goal>
   </goals>
   <configuration>
     <classes>
       ${build.testOutputDirectory}/org/permacode/atomic/domain/entity
     </classes>
     <outputDirectory>${build.testOutputDirectory}</outputDirectory>
     <toolProperties>
       <property>
         <name>properties</name>
         <value>
           ${build.testOutputDirectory}/META-INF/persistence.xml#OpenJpaTest
         </value>
       </property>
     </toolProperties>
   </configuration>
</execution>

So it fails with a ClassNotFoundException - is there anything I can configure to
get the test dir into the classpath?

Thanks
Adam