openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Marc Logemann ...@logemann.org>
Subject Re: FilterListener again
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 17:29:34 GMT
Hi,

ok, since feebdack on this one doesnt seem to work out and i only
found fragments of a functionality i was sure that is in the current
release of openJPA, i found out that FilterListener was just dropped
out in terms of features (it was there when this product was called
Kodo).

There "was" a documentation regarding all this which you can see here:
http://people.apache.org/~mprudhom/openjpa/site/openjpa-project/manual/ref_guide_enterprise_queryext.html#ref_guide_enterprise_queryext_jdoql

But as it seems, nobody cared so far to implement this in the current
JPQL parser. And thats where the fun starts because i always thought
that a Kodo->OpenJPA migration is a no brainer. Its really sad because
the backend site of this feature (Filter Extensions) should be there
and only because the JPQL parser (compared to the JDO Parser back in
Kodo) does only understand the default JPA spec grammar, its left out.

IMO this was a brilliant feature of Kodo. So this a hughe step
backwards.... I will checkout if MethodQL helps me somehow.
Interessting that noone (especial no Kodo user) ever mentioned this in
the list. Cant be that i am the only one using some more advanced
Query features of Kodo.

---
regards
Marc Logemann