openjpa-users mailing list archives

From MiƂosz Tylenda <mtyle...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: postgres : storing binary data using OID
Date Tue, 17 Mar 2009 19:25:15 GMT
Hi Andiqo,

That "compatible" property seems promising. I once used it when needed to
tweak how String parameters are sent to PostgreSQL.

I am not sure what you mean by "directly specify properties". If I want to
specify a JDBC driver property, usually I add it to the database URL or
configure the data source in an application server-specific way. If what you want
is to set a property when OpenJPA runs outside an application server you can
try the openjpa.ConnectionProperties property [1]. That should work when used
in a persistence.xml file and also as a JVM property
(-Dopenjpa.ConnectionProperties=...).

Cheers,
Milosz

[1]