openjpa-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Fogarty <rfoga...@adaptivemethods.com>
Subject Is JPA 2 going to have something like JAXBs @XmlJavaTypeAdapter ?
Date Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:28:29 GMT
I use @XmlJavaTypeAdapter a lot to manipulate our data model for classes
that just don't naturally fit into an XML model (like custom containers
and the sort). Seems to be one of the most intuitive and powerful tools
in JAXBs toolbox but I can't find anything like it in JPA 1 or 2.

For instance, I can't seem to do the simplest thing with JPA such as
take a java.util.UUID and have OpenJPA map it into a STRING.

It looks like there is no chance of getting this into JPA 2 since they
are in final draft. I just can't imagine such a useful tool *not*
existing in a powerful API like JPA, so what gives? Have I missed
something fundamental?

Thank you,
Ryan